We are excited to announce a long-awaited feature for our customers in the USA and UK: Lamp Status Signals. This is the UK/USA equivalent of the Telltale Lights, which was already available via our dashboard for our European Customers.
Lamp Status Signals are the warning and error lights that appear on the dashboard of vehicles. Normally, these are visible only to the drivers that are physically in the vehicle, looking at the dashboard.
But, as of today, ViriCiti customers will be able to see the lamp status signals remotely and in real-time via our online dashboard. This means that the operations and maintenance teams will be informed immediately about an issue with the vehicle.
This is particularly important as dashboard lights can be really hard to decipher, and drivers don’t always know how to describe them to the operational control center/depot team. We’ve also discovered that sometimes drivers may even neglect to report a light, because they must stay focused on safe driving and their route. This feature allows drivers to focus on their job even during a maintenance issue.
The Lamps Status Signals that are monitored
Here are some of the key lamp status signals that can be now monitored for e-buses using the new standard:
- EBS Red Warning Signal
- Engine Red Stop Lamp
- Hybrid System Motor Overspeed Indicator
- Hybrid System Motor Overspeed Audible Alarm
- Engine Speed High Lamp
- Engine Speed Very High Lamp
- Vehicle Battery Charging Lamp
- Vehicle Fuel Level Low Lamp
- Hybrid System Service Indicator
- Emission Control System Operator Inducement Severity
- Vehicle Battery Voltage Low Lamp
- Hybrid System OBD Related DTC Status
- OBD Malfunction Indicator Lamp
- Driveline Retarder Overheat Indicator
- Diesel Particulate Filter Lamp Command
- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Status
- Water In Fuel Indicator 1
💡 In addition to the 17 signals listed above, we have 38 extra Lamp signals that can be analyzed via our Analysis function, allowing you to have a really granular, historic view of essential lamps signals.
💡 As we mentioned in the beginning, all buses using the EU Telltale light standard have had the light signals accessible via the ViriCiti dashboard for a very long time.